Monday, August 12, 2013

Heart Crayons for your new Loves

My cousin is just the cutest.. 
She made these adorable Love crayons for  her new kindergarten class..I had to share her  AdoRable  "back to school" idea.
1. You will need to buy a silicone heart muffin tray.
2. Soak old crayons in hot water. (paper peels right off)
3. Chop crayons into small pieces.
4. Place the chopped crayons in muffin tray.
5. Place them in the oven, 280 degrees for 10 minutes.

Muffin trays come in all sorts of shapes these days (stars, fish, crowns, animals) I'm sure you can find one to match your classroom theme! So cute, inexpensive and easy peasy lemon squeezy!

3 comments:

Kindergarten Love said...

Love it cuz!!!

Kindergarten Love said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy C said...

I teach middle school science, so not as many crayons as kinder, but I do a lab each year with my seventh graders where we model the rock cycle using crayons. What's hysterical is that I still have to peel the wrappers for them. That one simple task actually takes them longer than shaving the entire crayon with the side of a plastic spoon! :-)

Amy

http://chalkdustandhighheels.blogspot.com/