Saturday, October 8, 2011

a peek inside the classroom


    The Classroom Curtains  YES! 
             I hang curtains in my -classroom-
  My super creative friend Stacy taught me How To.. 
                    oh.. about 16 years ago, 
              and I've been doing it ever since. 
   I love it, some people think I'm crazy..but..
It makes me feel happy about my home, away from home, 
every morning when I come in it makes me smile!
It is such an easy DIY that I had to share.
(plus I am procrastinating, I have lots of housework to do right now)

To make them, You Will Need To Buy a Few Things & Measure the Windows:
* First you need to buy a few plastic table cloth packages- I use 1 pack per window.
                      (rectangular)
* Get a color that matches your classroom.
              (so many fun colors at Party City)
* You will also need tension rods for inside the windows.
                 (any hardware store)
* Stapler and Scissor

                        first

  





Open table cloth package 
and lay it flat,  
cut on the pre-made fold line vertically.
Leave the fold on the top, 
so the tension rod fits   through.



                                                                                                                                      then
                                              
Take the stapler and line it up , 
then make a  staple line.
Remember the tension rod slips 
inside the seam you are making.
                                                            

                                     finally




.








Super cute and very inexpensive, curtains!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

ooo, I just love this! All of my window shades are broken and they won't be replaced--the sun is terrible in the morning, the poor kids can barely see! This would work so well and it's perfect since I am TERRIBLE at sewing!! THANK YOU!
Kristen

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, I was just debating (and dreading having to figure out) curtains to somehow cover the shelving in my classroom and I just love the idea of using a plastic table cloth! Thanks for sharing your tip :).

Megan
Teacher Wife

Krista Rose said...

Thank you SO much for this idea! I just did this in my classroom and it brightened things up so much!