Sunday, December 4, 2011

Have You heard About the Christmas Pickle?

The Christmas Pickle

The basic premise is this: on Christmas Eve, you lay out the pickle ornament in front of the tree with the milk and cookies for Santa. Then, Santa hides the pickle ornament. In the morning, the first person to find the pickle ornament receives an extra present from Santa! (candy,book,ornament)

IMG_3575
Pin, Post, and Poem all from a super blog:
 la buena vida!
                                           I have seen Pickles at: Target - Pier 1 - Macy's!
To start a tradition that will surely last,
here's the story about the pickle of glass.
The night before Christmas it's hung on the tree
Santa does it secretly.
And on Christmas morning when you arise,
the first to find it gets a sweet surprise.
A family tradition for all to share,
you'll look for the pickle year after year

3 comments:

Erika said...

Thanks for reminding me that I need to get a new pickle. One of the dogs tried to eat ours last year and it broke! Love this tradition.
2B Honey Bunch

Journey of a Substitute Teacher (Ms. T) said...

We have a pickle too, but here is a funny story. My mom is from Germany and they have never heard of this and nobody that she knows in Germany does this either. Wonder what part of Germany this came from lol :)


Journey of a Substitute Teacher

NVMolly said...

I am fascinated by this Christmas pickle! I've never seen or heard of such a thing, but think it's a great idea! I am going to keep my eyes open for a pickle!