Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A few classroom pictures

A few weeks ago I blogged about teaching my 3rd graders "figurative language" I have to say it was the funniest time of year so far! We really had a ball..(ha ha) Here are some blurry  bulletin boards pics.
In our Everyday Math Program we are just finishing up our GEOMETRY UNIT
My class loved The Greedy Triangle story, then we made a lot of different triangles with straws and twist ties. ( rather messy, but fun)
The Greedy Triangle (Brainy Day Books)
I spent a lot of time this year on Authors Purpose!  I found WAY too many ideas on Pinterest.. My favorite was a PIE flip book.  I added it as a center, the students would browse the library, or their SS weekly newspaper and list the title of the story under the appropriate flap!

6 comments:

Maria said...

I was admiring these bulletin boards today! thanks for sharing your great ideas friend!

Kristen said...

This board looks fabulous Melissa!!
Kristen

Tara said...

Doing the PIE flip book soon!! Love that idea!! Thanks for sharing:)

4th Grade Frolics

Unknown said...

Looks awesome! Great Math!
Jennifer

First Grade Blue SKies

Beth said...

Love your ideas!

Can anyone tell me what the P, I and E stand for, regarding the "Author's Purpose" PIE flip books?

I can't enlarge the pics to see.

Thank you so much, these would be great for this month.

Beth

Unknown said...

Beth...it stands for Persuade, Inform, Entertain. Hope that helps!!