Thursday, September 29, 2011

BrainPop

What's your favorite thing to do on the BrainPOP website?
My fantastic friend Maria from charmedinthirdgrade.blogspot.com will be a guest blogger on BrainPop!
(so exciting)
Her post today asks what is your favorite thing to do on the BrainPop website? OMG where do I begin? I use BrainPop on a daily basis in my classroom just like most of you I'm sure..
                           It really is informative, interactive, and interesting .  
                                    But....have you ever used these features that Brain Pop offers? ..___



Here are some of the fantastic ways
I use Brain PoP in my classroom:
Besides watching the great movies
and taking the quizzes, I always use the
 graphic organizers on the site!                                                             

Character Map

Complete the Cause

Description/ Prediction Chart

Details and Main Idea

Event/Effect Chart

Feelings Web

Five Circles

Four Column Chart

Generalization Diagram

Ideas/Details
 
One of the MOST helpful features for me on BrainPoP is how the site matches the resources they offer to your  state STANDARDS! (yep its true and its a lil' bit amazing) You just have to look on brainpop.com

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE:
New YorkCore Curriculum > Social Studies (2003)
Grade 3
What is a culture? What is a civilization?
 

  • BrainPOP Jr. Mexico


  • 1 comment:

    Maria said...

    Almost done writing my post for BrainPOP.. I will email you first.. and thanks again for the shout out! xo